Monday, November 3, 2014

Be Thankful for the Life You Live

Watch this: Lauren Hill: One More Game

Give your heart.
Share your happiness.
Live in the moment.
Appreciate your gifts.
Smile more often.
Be thankful for the life you live.

Life is precious. So often we get caught up in our own little lives and we forget what a gift it is to do what we do on a day in and day out basis.

The story of Lauren Hill brought this crashing in to perspective for me. A young girl that was playing high school basketball one day and finds out she has two years to live the next. And all she wants is to play in a college basketball game. I can't imagine, I just can't.

Having your life numbered to days and not having any control over the final outcome.

Sometimes we take life for granted, what is given to us and our gifts; which all can be taken away faster than we think.

I was given the gift to play volleyball and it has been a tool that has carried me around the world and brought some incredible people and experiences in my life.

Lauren just wanted to play the sport she loved in college.

How often do we complain about going to practice? About not wanting to do something? How quickly can it all be taken away?

I am so thankful for my gift as an athlete and the gift of life. For my opportunities to see, conquer and experience the world.

Life is short when it comes down to it; somewhere in the world someone wants what you take for granted.

How can we give back our thankfulness? Appreciate the little things in life and share your happiness with the world around you.

1 comment:

  1. I followed her story from Yahoo! and got really hooked on how strong she is. nothing is impossible. truly humbling story and the first six lines of this blog entry said it all.

    ReplyDelete