Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pre Season is actually coming to a close..

Our promo poster in the Hamburg train station!
Yes you heard me right. I have been away from America for a solid 2 months and I know you are all beginning to wonder if I am actually playing volleyball of if I just dress up like a volleyball player and pose for pictures.

We have been working our butts off the past two months, and after a number of 2 a days I wish not to count, but only to pat ourselves on the back for a job well done, GAME WEEK is finallyyyyyyy upon us.

I felt it this Sunday morning when I woke up. There is always a different feel in the air when you know you have two games in the upcoming week rather than just a load of practices and weights.

It is here. And I couldn't be more excited about it, that is all I am going to say :)




My dream became reality last week as one of my favorite movies, Pitch Perfect came to life in a team video. (I have seen it about 3 times in German and a handful times in English, for me the person that sees just about NO movies at all, this says quite a bit)

There was a task handed to several of the German teams around the league, both men's and women's, the past weeks in preparation for the upcoming season, "Das warten hat ein ende" ..basically, the countdown.

Was macht ihr gegen das warten? ..What does each team do while they wait for the season to start? I wish I could take responsibility for this ingenious idea but our ever so talented and creative scout, Malte, came up with it and we just fell in love with it.

Lucky for me, my three sisters had joined the craze of the "Cup Song" this summer and learned it in no time, singing included.

We spent mornings on our back deck with them trying to teach me how to do it. I would watch in awe as they would effortlessly flip the cup and sing in unison no problem as I fumbled clumsily with the cup.

Luckily I had a good background so when Malte asked me to do this part in the video I just needed one Skype call home for a refresher course!

The video was a lot of fun to make and turned out better than I could have imagined.

So this is what we do in our free time; play the cup song at breakfast when we're bored, practice it on the piano, and paint our nails; dreaming of opening day 2013.

More dreams are about to become reality. Wednesday we begin. In Vilisbiburg, southern Germany. And then our first home game Saturday against Wiesbaden.

Auf gehts mädels! :)

Enjoy the video!!
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=628366580548840

No comments:

Post a Comment