Tuesday, September 10, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the little boy that lights a fire in my heart

Sebastian Michael Ammerman turns the big 1-0 today.



Double digits, I can't believe it!

Although it feels like yesterday that the little guy was born, I think it is safe to say he has overcome more trials and tribulations than a middle aged person at this point in his life.

Down syndrome, fighting and winning the battle of leukemia cancer, cerebral palsy, several surgeries to enlarge his throat, and the most recent trial; major hip surgery.

Yes those are all real things that this kid has taken on. And with a smile. I have never come across a more peaceful, happy human in my life. And he has had the world thrown at him.

This kid exudes love with every fiber in his being. Sebastian has taught me how to dance in the rain, always keep swimming and to truly enjoy life.

When you're around him you can't help but feel your heart grow 5 times it's normal size and the smile on your face remains constant without having to think about it.



Sebastian has been one of the biggest gifts in my life, he has shown me the true meaning of; no obstacle is too big. And, that bringing a positive attitude to every situation is always the best route.

We all go through tough times, have hard days, experience hard ship; at the end of the day, yes, life is hard. But if Sebastian can continue living his life with love in every action, than so can I.

My favorite moments are holding him and dancing in the kitchen and singing in his ear and feeling him wrap his every limb tighter and tighter around me in excitement and hearing his laugh echo throughout the room like he doesn't have a care in the world; soaking up the feeling of that present moment in every way he knows how.

Sebastian touches people and makes them feel something in a way I can't put in to words but is in such a way that makes any person believe in love and miracles. He's the star of his class and every room he enters.









I wish I could be with him on this day of accomplishing 10 knock out years of life. He has taught me more about life without ever uttering a single word and today I celebrate him; being a champion at life.


I love you my main man Sebastian, keep conquering the world and teaching us all how at the same time. I am behind you always!








"People like us, we don’t need that much
Just someone that starts, starts the spark in our bonfire hearts" 
-James Blunt




No comments:

Post a Comment